Today, we are proud to release a major upgrade of Cloudockit for the Visio Diagrams.
In the ADK previous version, we used to generate simple Visio diagrams embedded in the word document.
Those diagrams contained all the components but were really basic regarding the dependencies between those components. That’s the reason why we worked on improving them.
Now, it looks like that:
As you can see, this is an example of a Virtual Machine diagram that will help you answer those questions:
- Which storage containers and Blobs are used by the Virtual Machine?
- In which Virtual Network is the Virtual Machine?
- Is the Virtual Machine connected to multiple Subnets and how many Network Interfaces does it have?
- Is there a Load Balancer in front of that Virtual Machine?
In addition to this, we now generate the same type of diagram for Classic Virtual Machines:
One of the feature that we get asked a lot was the ability to create this kind of diagram by Resource Groups. We do support this scenario now and here is an example of what it looks like:
As you can see, all the components of the resource groups are displayed (SharePoint Farm in this case) and if you scroll down in the resource group section, you get a table with all the resources with hyperlink to the resource section in the document.
Of course, we continue to generate the global Visio Diagram and we also enhanced it now looks like that:
As you can see, the diagram displays all the Virtual Machines by Virtual Networks and also give you the links between Virtual Machine and Storages.
The Visio also contains multiple tab that allows you to see other components like Classic Virtual Machines, Networks or App Services:
As those diagrams can become heavy, we have also added a few options to help you manage the size of the document that gets generated. From the settings menu, if you select the Advanced options tab, you get the following options:
- Diagrams resolution is the actual resolution of the pictures of the Visio Diagrams in the word document
- Embed Visio diagrams must be checked if you want to embed the actual Visio object. Remember that it will generate a bigger document
- Generate resource groups diagram must be checked if you want to generate the Visio diagrams for the Resource Groups section
We hope you enjoy these new features. As always, any feedback, positive or negative is always appreciated!