Cloudockit is delighted to make their Visio Stencils available as a FREE download. These stencils are used internally by Cloudockit to automatically build cloud and on-premise architecture diagrams for Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform. As an added bonus, you can also use these stencils for Hyper-V and VMware.
As you might know, there are already stencils available for download from your cloud providers and we have re-used a lot of these standard stencils. Although very useful, we found many drawbacks that come with using the standard stencils once you start diagraming. These drawbacks include:
- There is no standardization between cloud providers (Azure, AWS and GCP). You will lose time resizing the shapes or change the PIN position of the masters
- The look and feel across the existing stencils is not coherent
- There are no 3D shapes available to draw 3D Isometric Visio Diagrams
- Some of the shapes provided are clunky (sometimes grouped, sometimes not grouped…)
- Text management bellow the shapes is difficult to manage.
Cloudockit was able to standardize the stencils to avoid all drawbacks mentioned above.
This is an example of an Azure diagram generated with Cloudockit stencils: