Getting Started – Trial Mode
An overview of Cloudockit, how to start your auto-generated documents and diagrams in just a few minutes. Let’s get started.
Note: This procedure is valid for the Free Trial mode when clicking on the Free Trial button. We have designed this flow to make it as fast as possible for you to try the product without roadblocks. As we simplified the process, it also leaves out more advanced login options like AWS Roles and AAD Application. If you want to use those options, click here.
To start, click on the Free Trial button on the www.cloudockit.com website banner.
Step 1 – Choose your Platform
First, you need to choose which platform you want to document:
- Google Cloud Platform
- On-Premises (VMware/Hyper-V)
Once you have selected your platform, you can see the settings available for you to change before starting the Reports & Diagrams generation. For simplicity we will leave those settings empty and click on the Generate button in the left column:
You are now prompted to enter your email.
Step 2 – Connect your environment
Then, depending on the platform you choose, you will see the following Authentication Options:
- You are prompted to enter an Azure Active Directory Tenant Name. Click here to see how you can find it
- Once you enter the Tenant Name and click OK, you will be redirected to AAD for authentication
- Once authenticated, you will see the list of subscriptions you have access to
- Select the Subscription you want to generate and click Start
- Note: Cloudockit also supports authenticating using an AAD Application. This is not available in the Free Trial mode, but you can still test Cloudockit using the Login button instead of the Free Trial button (even if you do not have any valid license)
- You are prompted to enter your AWS Access Key ID & Secret Access Key. Please refer to this page for detailed steps on how to generate those keys
- Once authenticated, you will see the list of Accounts you have access to
- Select the Account you want to generate and click Start
- Note: Cloudockit also support authenticating using AWS Roles. This is not available in the Free Trial mode, but you can still test Cloudockit using the Login button instead of the Free Trial button (even if you do not have any valid license)
- Google Cloud Platform
- You are prompted to use your Google Account or a Service Credential to authenticate your Google Cloud Platform environment
- If you want to continue with your Google Account, please note that you will be prompted with a security warning as Google recommends using the Service Credential (next bullet point)
- To use Service Credential, please click here
- Select the organization you want to generate and click Start
- Hyper-V / VMware
- No authentication is required
- Please click here to know more about this feature
At the end of the process, you will see download links in the browser, and will receive an email. You can change the email address in the drop-off tab.
Remember, it can take a while for huge environments, so you can grab a cup of coffee in the meantime.